ZiL Truck Manuals PDF

History of ZiL Trucks

   A car with a carrying capacity of 5-6 tons, which replaced the ZIL-164 in 1962, also received its name in honor of the Likhachev Plant (abbreviated as ZIL), where it was developed and produced. This truck has become one of the most massive vehicles in the history of the "union" automotive industry and a real symbol of the pre-perestroika era, in the entire history of which almost 3.5 million units were produced.

ZIL-130 was widely used both in the national economy and in military use, had many serial and experimental modifications, including several truck and flatbed tractors (ZIL-130V, ZIL-130VT, ZIL-130A), a truck crane (ZIL-130- 76), chassis for construction and agricultural dump trucks (ZIL-130D, ZIL-130B), buses, fire engines and even a sports truck.


Technical features of ZIL-130 (431410)

The truck ran on a 4-stroke carburetor V-shaped overhead valve engine with 8 cylinders with a capacity of 150, similar in terms of design to the engine of the ZIL-111 executive model, designed for the main brand of gasoline of that era - A-76.

The car was equipped with a synchronized gearbox with 5 steps and hydraulic power steering, and some ZIL-130s were equipped with engine preheating.

There were 3 seats in the cab, a pneumatic windshield wiper and a foot-operated windshield washer worked. Later, transistorized ignition, an alternator and a number of other innovations appeared. The instrument panel and cardan joints were changed - to an analogue of a different design.

The appearance of the cabin also underwent minor changes. The first cabins of the 130th ZIL had two ventilation hatches on the roof and an air hatch on the left side - above the level of the clutch pedal, but by the 70s they were all removed in stages.

Since 1967, the cab from the ZIL-130 has been installed on a tracked all-terrain vehicle, created as part of the cooperation of special. Design Bureau "Gazstroymashina" and the Design Bureau of the Likhachev Plant.

Until the beginning of the 70s, the height of the sides of the ZIL-130 onboard vehicles was 685 mm, and then it was reduced to 575 mm.


By 1999, about 13 thousand 750 such machines rolled off the assembly line, that is, over 50% of all products manufactured by the plant.

At the moment, ZIL is headed by Konstantin Viktorovich Laptev. The plant manufactures vehicles for collecting / removing garbage and other specialized equipment. In the period from 2012 to 2013, the plant's share in the medium-duty truck market increased from 5% to 15% (the remaining 85% are foreign cars). At that time, the company produced up to 1 thousand trucks a year, and its staff did not exceed 3 thousand employees.